Friday, December 1, 2017

Another OOPS.

  The 665 has had a problem with level flight from day one. I put the incidence meter on the wing, leveled it and checked the stab. It had one degree of neg. incidence in it. A little hacksaw blade work and some glue and it's ready to go.
I took the 665 and the P-39 to the field. First I flew the P-39 and leveled off inverted at ground level. Broken prop. I got in 3 flights with it using a smaller prop. The 665/ASP went lean again. I put an ounce in the tank and tried again but the square loop sent it into warp speed again. The stab. fix seems to be working but it was hard to tell at those speeds. At home I started to remove the engine and put the .46LA back in. I loosened the non exhaust side bolts and the engine tilted. I checked the exhaust side bolts and they were loose. I put thread locker on all the bolts and tightened them down. I'll give it one more chance tomorrow. I figure I didn't tighten them properly when I put the engine in.

No comments: