Thursday, December 7, 2017

Quick and easy alignment.







I've used this method in the past and it works very well. I've used spray cans under the wing as well as one pound coffee cans. I use the same brand and size of can to be sure the cans are the same diameter. The same with the stabilizer.  The Twister I'm building is aligned using 2 ounce plastic cups from IHOP. I save the cups to mix other stuff in and figured I could use them to hold the plane. Two for the wing and four for the stab. I used two incidence meters as moving one back and forth is aggravating. I saved the end of a broken tape measure to set the wing and stab parallel. I glued a triangle to a second piece of the tape to use in case the trailing edge is swept like a Ringmaster. Large 30/60 triangles set the fuselage square and vertical to the wing. Now it's up to covering and paint if I ever decide on what color scheme.

No comments: