Saturday, December 2, 2017

Flying in the fog.

I took the same planes to the field this morning and first up was the 665. I put a 12 x 4 APC on it as I put the last 12 x 5 Zinger on the P-39. The engine started and I set the needle and let it go. The engine ran very well and the changes I made to the plane worked. So tight engine mounting bolts are a must. The Shark 665 has been through a lot. The wing folded last year and I made a new one as the fuselage didn't get hurt too bad. The miss placed stab. kept it from being a good plane though. Now it's pretty ragged and something is rattling around inside the wing. That's the way it goes with my planes. As soon as they fly well they fall apart.
  I built about 80% of the wing from the Twister kit today. It's out of the jig waiting for center sheeting and controls. It took longer to install the bellcrank than to assemble the wing. I'm using the salvaged leadout wires from the crashed new plane and the leadout slider.

No comments: