Thursday, December 14, 2017

First flight woes and a free lunch.

It warmed up nicely this morning and I took the new Twister to the park. A little hot weather and the engine started right up. Once in the air the outboard wing was high but it was very stable in level flight and turned well. I didn't do anything special  as I didn't know what would happen with the wing not level. At home I put the incidence meter on the wing and found a twist in the inboard panel. I twisted it opposite and re shrunk the covering. Another test in the morning.
 The new Nomad fuselage is nearing completion. I installed balsa caps on the top and bottom so I can sand them down to the plywood sides and round the top. I roughed out the canopy and fin and glued them on. I also made aluminum plates for the engine to sit on and cut out the 1/8 ply doubler for the plates. I called RSM for the landing gear but he's on vacation so that will have to wait. I can use the gear from the first Nomad if I need to. We went to St Francisville this afternoon and stopped at the Francis restaurant for lunch. A bunch of workmates were having their party there and paid for our lunch.

No comments: