Saturday, December 9, 2017

4 inches of global warming.

It's melting fast. I checked the park and it will be flyable this afternoon. I want to test the change I made to the nose of the Polynesian. I built it with an r/c engine mount. It was a good idea except that the tank compartment is unobstructed. While that gives you a lot of room for the fuel tank it also is lacking in stiffness. The normal engine crutch hardwood beams add a lot of strength to the structure and that keeps the engine under control. With the r/c mount the engine vibration causes runaway as soon as it lifts off the ground. I had this problem on another plane and had to add a floor to the compartment at the height of the engine where the hardwood beams would have been. This is what I did to the Polynesian with hopes it cures the engine run problem. I also cut an inch off the nose length to help with the heavier engine I'm using.

No comments: