Friday, September 5, 2008

Getting things done.

I was left alone today with a few orders to do. I wanted to go flying earlier than usual because of the rising temperature and wind. I also needed to get the grill bottle re filled and an extra key cut for the El Camino. Not to mention my morning coffee break. I loaded the plane on the El Camino and headed for the coffee shop. Nothing much happening there. I went to the dog track and got in two flights. I tried the outside square loop that starts at 45 degrees up and noses over at the ground. Made it. Then I tried the horiz. sq.8 and got through that. I added a vert. 8 and got through that one too. Those are the only maneuvers, the squares, that I haven't tried. I need to get enough fuel to do the whole pattern, 5 minutes, with a 45 sec. min. cushion. I have a 4 ounce tank and three ounces gives me 4 and a 1/2 minutes. I'll try a full tank and see how much time I have. 6 and a 1/2 minutes will be perfect. I put a plastic tank on the plane after yesterdays session and the inverted engine run is much improved. Lap times are in the 5.0 something range, just right.
On the way home I stopped at the nearby NAPA store because brother Roy said they cut keys. I haad one cut and it worked well. I put it on my key ring. I loaded the gas bottle in the car and went to T&S and got it filled. I switched cars and headed for Groton for lunch with my wife and grandson. Picked up 6 jugs of table wine and came home. The temp. is up so I'll just watch the owner of the land across the street clean out the place. He dumped a lot of large wood there several years ago and is clearing all the weeds and wood up. The Hoyts have moved out, now if they will clean their yard the area will be half decent to look at.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Sounds lika a good week. Wish we were there. Last estimate for power was 11 more days, but I saw some street lights on Meadowwood last night so maybe they're getting close. Oh well, generator is running well. Going to try to hook the washer and dryer to the transfer switch later today to see what it can really do.