Saturday, September 13, 2008

Engine swaps.

It all started when I looked at the P-51. I had removed the Fox .45 and installed an Enya .46 a year ago of more. I took the Fox off the Stunt Pupster and the Enya off the P-51. I had to use a nut plate to get the Enya to fit the P-51 and the holes were too close to the Fox holes so the Fox would no longer fit. I put the Enya back on and now the Pupster was without an engine in it. I had built it for the Fox .40 and switched engines with the red Pupster long ago. I grabbed a .40 and with a couple of blind nuts installed it in the Stunt Pupster. To equal the weight of the .45 I added a stock muffler and called it a day for that one. On the modified Twister I had built it around a Fox .35 and then switched it for a K&B .40. I mounted it with a plate that used seperate holes for engine and mounting. I removed it and made a plate for the other Fox .40 and attached it to the nose without having to drill more holes. Now I have all but one plane with good engines that I haven't made venturis for. I got the K&B on a test board to see how it runs. Maybe I'll try it on a plane again some day.

No comments: