Monday, September 15, 2008

Boned in Rhode Island.

We took a ride to Jamestown today and took in the sights at Beavertail. Nice day a little windy a good day for what I thought to be topless sun bathing. I came across a couple kinda hidden but not quite. I didn't bother them and we went around further down the shore line. Still in sight and now heavily engaged the couple were enjoying the day under a blanket.
We took a detour through the downtown area on the way out and followed the signs for the mainland. Balls. Two dollars later I was headed for Newport. Turned around and two dollars later we are headed for the mainland. RI signage sucks.
We stopped at a Dunkin Donuts for a snack and then waited in line at a Hess station for cheap gas. One of us didn't want to wait so we headed home. $.30 a gallon more at home. Balls.
I figured I would mold a leading edge for the new kit I'm building. I had bought some balsa and it looked good and should bend after soaking in water. Nope. I got another piece soaking now. The fuselage is a profile and it has a lot of wood in back of the wing. I checked the plans for another model that has the fuse. cored out and did the same to this one. This mod. I'm not worried about as it worked on the other model. I'll put in a frame and sheet it with 1/16" balsa, after it dries out.

No comments: