Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stupid computer.

Anyway, I went flying at the dogtrack today and on the second flight there was a car not too far away. It turned out to be Dave Miller and his father. They were working not to far off and heard the engine and came to investigate. I had talked to Dave last week and he said he never saw a c/l plane fly. Today he did. He flies r/c a bit at the track also. I heard him talking yesterday about a drag car he painted for $10,000.00 that crashed at Epping, NH over the weekend. The owner had insurance on it so it won't be too bad a hit. I figured out how to stop the plane from bouncing on landing. Just as it touches down I give it down elevator and it sticks. I haven't tried it on grass yet. It may nose over.
I ordered a tonneau cover for the El Camino today. It's vinyl with an aluminum frame and it lifts up like a fiberglass cover. The new bed liner works well, it has a lot of traction and things don't slide around. I also tweaked the vacuum modulator to raise the shift points and that worked out OK. The fast idle cam on the carb. sticks a bit on cold starts so it needs some re working too. I may try the other carb. for the heck of it.

No comments: