Thursday, September 11, 2008

Still trimming.

I prepared the Stunt Pupster for a flight today. I brought the regular plane also as I had made some changes to it. I added a half ounce of weight to the tail and shortened the prop, mainly because I hit the ground with it on landing and crunched the tip on one blade. I also added a third layer of nylon over the venturi. All went well but the flight times were shorter for some reason. Maybe the prop is letting it turn faster in the air. The Pupster flew well too. It has flaps and turns a bit better than the other one. The tank is home made and didn't last that long. I replaced it with a 6 ounce plastic one. The winds were very light and that gave me trouble in some of the maneuvers as I kept hitting the wake turbulance and upsetting the plane. I have to move back more under those conditions when maneuvering. I prepared the P-51 mustang I built last winter and flew a couple times. I got an Enya .46 on it with a homemade venturi. I don't know if I ever ran it. Next time out I'll bring along.

No comments: