Friday, September 24, 2010

Getting organized.

I got the wing plans from Dave Cook at the contest in Wrentham. He designed a plane that is supposed to be good in the wind. It is a .60 size plane with an "I Beam" wing. Not something I want to tackle. I don't want a .60 size plane either. Staples reduced the plans 10% and now it has a 54 inch wing span and I am going to cut a foam wing for it. I'll keep everything true to the new scale though.
I have about 3 quarts of fuel left and may have to ration it until heading for LA. I want to have a quart for the contest and I figure I have enough for 19 full pattern flights from the 64 ounces I can spare. I went out in the wind and did a pattern with the plane doing 6.1 second laps. Well most of the pattern. In the reverse wingover it went richer inverted and I had to skip the second climb. I'm surprised it did the other stuff.
The guy that's taking the logs called and said he has someone to pick them up and should be here this afternoon. I'm waiting for a call from Gearhead, the place I got the distributor for the El Camino. It seems they raised the price of the free shipping. The credit card bill has $375.00 instead of $75.00.

No comments: