Saturday, September 11, 2010

One for the high light film.

I got to the contest and there were several people ready to fly but only 7 willing to compete in old time and classic. I had engine failure at the same place in the old time pattern on both flights. The plane bellied in both times just bending the gear. On my flight in classic with the Ruffy I started the reverse wingover and pulled out inverted for a half lap then hit down for the climb back overhead. The plane came in on me and I started backing up quickly and got about ten feet when I fell over on my back. I re acquired the plane and pulled up. The airplane came back to level flight and I got up and back in the circle and continued the flight as if nothing happened. The Fox ran well through three of the four loops in the clover when it ran out of fuel and stopped. Even with the wingover the clover and the landing messed up I got 379 points. A complete flight would have produced 425 at least. I passed on the second flight and packed up. Enough excitement for one day.
I hit a key here and changed the type style again.
Tomorrow is the normal AMA classes.

No comments: