Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Ruffy flys again.

I went to the dog track at 0800 today. I wanted to try the Fox .35 on the fuel I mixed. First flight went OK so I tweaked the needle two clicks, richer I think. The second flight was right on the money. A nice 4 cycle level and two cycle in maneuvers. There was very little line tension at 45 degrees up and higher. When I got home I cut into the wing tip to get at the leadout guide and made more travel available plus moving the leadouts forward about 3/8". I also added 1.5 ounces of weight in the right wing tip. That should keep the lines tighter. I also changed the lines to the 58 footers from the ringmaster and added a 12 inch extension which is still a 2 foot reduction in line length from what I had today. That and all the other stuff should get me good tension all around. I noticed that the hinge gaps were not sealed so I put some packing tape on the flap and elevator hinge lines. Windy weather headed this way and the party on Sunday will keep me from flying until next week some time. I haven't flown the old time pattern yet. The classic event uses the same pattern I'm using now.
Today should be the last day of the heat wave. 70's forecast for the weekend. I mowed the lawn this noon and it is hot.

No comments: