Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain, Rain you stink and Buck Ofama.

I got an email yesterday saying no model airplane flying today. There was mention of a similiar message in the Memphis area on one of the forums. That one was for Buck Ofama's visit to the great flood photo op. I figured, correctly as it turned out, that Buck was coming to CT for the Coast Guard graduation. Well Buck Ofama wouldn't keep me from doing what I want but the rain and wind has. Forecast for all week as well. There is a fly-in in Wrentham,MA this weekend but it should be flyable by then.
The fuel I mix has 118 ounces of castor to 3 gallons plus 10 ounces of methanol. (= four full gallons) Then I add one gallon of store bought fuel that has 22% oil to the 4 gallons and mix it up. If I multiply .22 times 128 ounces in a gallon I get 28.16 ounces of oil in the gallon of store bought fuel. Factoring in the home brew oil I come up with a total of 22.8% oil for the five gallon batch. Sound right?

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Yep. I get 22.84% oil and if the commercial gallon was 10% nitro, you should now have 2% nitro as well.