Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spare cars? I don't need no spare cars.

After the Dodge problem I still had the El Camino to fall back on. It didn't look like I would be able to make the fly-in today so I packed 2 planes in the El Camino and headed for the Sterling school. The enging was running kinda rough at idle and by the time I got to the school I figured the rear float bowl was flooding again. I went home as people were playing baseball at the school. I removed the sight plug and gas poured out. I removed the needle and seat asm. and went to Central Speed and got a replacement piece. I installed it and set the level on the low side. I took it to the school again and got in several flights and returned home without a problem. Looks like I'll be able to make the fly-in tomorrow.

No comments: