Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wind finally stopped.

I couldn't get on the blog for a while. The server wouldn't let me.
The wind has been blowing to 35 since we got home. I've mowed the lawn 3 times since.
I've been working on the maneuver bottoms with the Padre and things are starting to come together. With the lessening of the winds it's been spitting rain. I got in 4 good flights at the new school this morning between peroids of sprinkles. I installed a larger diameter needle valve to choke the venturi down to a more usable range. And that increased the fuel mileage a bit. I use 3 ounces instead of 3.25 to get the pattern in. I have some metal engine backplates coming as the stock ones are plastic and prone to leaking and cracking. The metal ones take up more room inside the crankcase which is better for power. Fox came up with the idea and calls them "Stuffer backplates". I'll start flying the large stab/elev. Twister and see how it goes.
I think I got the choke on the El Camino working right.