Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slave cylinder again.

I got to the flying field Fri. and the truck was getting harder to shift. I suspected the slave cylinder was going so I headed home. I made an appointment to have it loked at and headed out for that. As I got in the truck I noticed the rubber mat was under the pedal. I pulled it down and everything was fine.I went to the field again and got in some flights and as I got off the highway in Moosup the clutch started dragging again. I'll bring the truck in on Mon. If it shifts.
I had planned to go to the fly-in but this has screwed things up. Hopefully I can make it on Sun. I probably will have to get Roy's tiller with the El Camino now.
The backplates came in Thurs. I installed two on planes and hope to test them today. They have about .010 deeper plug which helps keep the rod from walking in and out plus better fuel distribution.The stock ones are plastic and these are billet aluminum.

No comments: