Saturday, May 7, 2011

Windy trip.

All but one day in LA was windy. I did get the new plane assembled and flown. I figure it needs a bigger engine or just speed up the original. The tank works very well too. On the last day the winds abated and I got in some flights but now the winds were too light. I got good feed back from the flights to make some trim changes.
We got home around midnight and 36 degrees. The next day was windy. Today, Sat., was good to fly so after bringing the grandson home I went to the school and it was loaded with baseball people so I went to Oneco. I got in two flights with the Padre and was thinking on changing to longer lines when some thunder cought my attention. I hesitated a bit but the thunder continued so I packed up and headed for home. I had the El Camino and it got a bit wet but the wipers worked. I have to get the maneuver bottoms in check and will fly the Padre until I get it right. It's the oldest plane in the fleet now sporting a new thicker and larger stab./elev. and an OS .46. I re painted it for the third time too so it looks a little better. It is the best flying plane of the bunch.
The electric choke on the El Camino has been acting up lately. For some reason the high idle cam wont release. I didled with it a while back and made it worse. I re didled with it today and maybe made it better.

No comments: