Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Still raining.

Temps in the 50's rain and mist until Sat.
I made a bunch of trim changes to the Padre. I removed all the wing tip weight as the outboard wing is quite heavy to begin with. I removed the NVA and installed one that had the needle shortened and located the needle on top instead of under the engine so it wouldn't get broken in an inverted landing. The fuel got adjusted for 24% oil and I installed smaller lighter wheels to raise the verticle c/g a bit. I could use a tongue muffler if more is needed.
Around noon the trees wern't shaking too much and the rain was a light mist so I loaded up and headed for the flying field. The mist was heavier at the field but I flew anyway. The plane performed quite well but went over on landing in the longer grass. I relocated the landing gear when I got home to stop that. The new backplates should be coming in soon. Later if the check has to clear first.

No comments: