Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Still winter.

Well I finally did it. We went to the Oneco town hall to fly and as we were leaving I figured I would see about mowing a spot instead of waiting for the town to mow the field. The first selectman wasn't in so I left a message. He called back a few hours later and gave me permission to mow the circle. 150 feet diameter. Probably take an hour or so between the rain showers. I have flown there since the school was first built in the 50's. The town bought the field later and I started flying in the field several years ago off and on. The farmer still hasn't mowed the r/c field and the grass is getting too high in the ball field in Moosup. I'd like to take the rider but I need a bank to unload it and I don't think there is one usable nearby. Oh well, it's flat ground.
I checked the timing on the El Camino and decided it's time to get a new timing light. My old one is close to 40 years old and the flash isn't that bright. I have to use it in the dark.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Timing lights aren't all that expensive. Even ones with the adjust dial on them like mine. That's nice for finding what the total advance is if it goes beyond the scale on the dampener.