Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer is here.

I flew the 576 this morning and it flys better with each change. The longer lines and slightly less nose weight did the trick. The workers were starting to mow the section I was in so I left after 3 flights. I tried to change piston and liner as the compression was low on the engine but the other liner was stripped of chrome or nickle plating. I changed the piston only and the compression is better. I put on a metal tank and ran it for a bit at home. I noticed a spray of fuel coming from the venturi. I rotated the spray bar quite a bit until the hole was in the 4 o'clock position and twards the rear. I don't know where it was before.
I went to Tractor Supply and the inner tubes for the mower were there. They were supposed to call. I installed them into the tires and got them ready to go. About 4 pm the phone rang and it was Tractor Supply. I told her I had bought them a few hours ago. I asked about the 5 ounce syringes and she hasn't got a call back from her supplier.
I started to fill out the wish sheet for next years race tickets and for the heck of it I called and asked if they had any end seats. I exchanged the tickets for 2 end seats in section NE row 44 seats 1 and 2. I had to mail them back before they will complete the swap. Hopefully I will get the new ones in a few weeks. I said the VIP section would do in a pinch and she started laughing. I said that don't sound good. She said don't push your luck. People in the good seats are holding on to their tickets.
I think I found a spot to offload the mower at the Oneco site. I tied the ramps together and will use the metal car ramps to raise the wood ones if I have to. I couldn't find any anti-skid at Tractor Supply maybe Lowes or Home Depot next time I'm in the area.

No comments: