Sunday, June 12, 2011

Winter is back.

After 3 days with temps. in the 90's the temps have dropped into the 50's with thunderstorms, wind and rain. Whoopie.
I did manage to get in 5 days of flying before the bad weather hit. I made sheet aluminum landing gear for the Twister but haven't been able to try it out. A couple more flights with the Pathfinder and I'll put the engine back in the Lightning. I made a hole in the firewall and the hatch cover and removed some wood from the hatch cover so heat can escape. I'll cut into the fuselage sides if this don't work. Only one contest in New England this season.
We got the email instruction manual for the a/c test rig to print. I moved it from email into my saved emails and then it would print normally. Except the printer acted up and needed tweaking. I can't figure why it came with the brief instruction sheet and not the full data that I needed. China's attempt at garage humor I guess.
I may have to mow a circle at the Oneco town hall field and/or the Sterling school field. I'm sure mowing won't be high on the list of things for the town crews to do with budgets tight and all. I probably should get permission.

No comments: