Sunday, June 26, 2011

Barely spring now.

I was showing the grandson how to use a bow and arrow the other day. I noticed what looked like a small washer in the grass and figured it might come in handy some day and picked it up. It wasn't a washer. It is a round nut that holds the instruments in the bracket on the Harley. I lost it years ago while changing handle bars or trying to stop the vibration in the bracket. I cleaned it up and mailed it to LA. It's designed to be used with fingers only.
I think I have got the OS engine running right. It needs more nitro. With the very slightly warmer temps and humidity the 2% fuel I mix just isn't doing the job. I put in some other fuel with a higher nitro content and the engine ran perfectly. A possible contest in Lee, MA in late August.
I may swap engines around and install the trusty Fox back on the Padre, the OS .40 back on the Ringmaster, and the OS .46 back on the Pathfinder.
I've burned a lot of fuel lately as the winds have been right in my skill range. On one outing last week I burned a quart. That's the first time I used that much in one outing. That's about 10 flights. In r/c you use that much in 3 flights.

No comments: