Monday, June 6, 2011

A good day finally.

We went to the Harbor Freight store in Warwick, RI yesterday. They had an air conditioner hose set with gauges on sale. I haven't charged the A/C in the El Camino and needed a set of hoses as Richard won't have his once the garage is sold.
The winds are light today and I went to the Oneco school/town hall to fly the Pathfinder with the problem engine. The field had been mowed and the engine ran very well. So I figure the trouble had to be from overheating in the other plane.
I've been burning the oldest stumps. Both are cored out by the fire and one is still smoking. I trimmed the outer ring with the chain saw. I have one bag of briquets left and will start on the tamarack stumps with it. the outer wood is very hard.
I did some trouble shooting on the El Camino engine today. I checked the timing and it was about 14 degrees BTC with the advance inop. I felt the rod that pulls the timing ahead while I worked the carb and found a lag in response and no movement when the carb is opened slowly. I moved the hose to another port and things worked like they should. The directions point to the first port as the distributor advance port but it don't work right. I'll test it in the morning.
Horseshoes at home are going great. But not as good against an opponent. I'm pitching to get muscle memory for the league.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Distributor advance port should go directly from the side of the carb base plate to a very small hole inside the barrel of the carb right about the level of the closed butterfly.