Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It is still summer.

The temps rise quickly into the "get into the shade" range that flying after 9 am is tough. With the late sleeper in Oneco and me not wanting to make noise before 9 there I've been going to the new school. The winds are not as tricky early in the day. It isn't mowed too often which will be troublesome shortly. I'll probably mow the Oneco field this afternoon and get in a flight or two after that.
I've fixed the run trouble I've had with my Fox engines forever. Intake leaks and poorly made/designed needle valve assemblies were the problem. The venturi is way too big and I've stuffed it with brass tubing that is .250 i. d. just right for the OS nva I installed. They don't like muffler pressure either for some reason. The less fuel in the tank the less effect the pressure has on it causing the engine to lean out and run faster.
I hooked up the a/c gauges to the unit in the El Camino and to the brake booster vacuum line. I installed a Tee in the line and the gauges under the hood and use the engine vacuum to pump down the system. I'll get some R 134A from NAPA and give it a go today. The full directions really helped.

No comments: