Sunday, July 31, 2011

What goes around comes around.

We went to the school this morning and The clover grabbed my lines on the first flight. Luckily the plane stayed on the ground with the prop hitting the ground in several places before the engine stopped. No damage. I moved to the ball diamond infield and resumed flying.
I went to the r/c field yesterday and measured off a new place to fly. Today I returned and gave away most of my r/c equipment. I kept the best set as it's in the Eagle 63. I noticed that the grass was long yesterday and wondered what happened to Charley Henrickson? I found out today that his back is hurting and he's not mowing any more. I've been looking at the mowing position since starting to fly there. I offered to take over the chore and will be able to cut a new circle the way I want it. The club has a mower at the field. Tomorrow, Monday, I'll mow the new part and get in some flights. I have to remove two sections of safety fence but they are portable anyway. I've shortened several props flying off the asphalt and the clover at the school will need cutting so I'll make the move. I'll keep the field at the Oneco town hall for week end use.

No comments: