Friday, July 29, 2011

Still summer.

I've been able to get in some flying every morning and am just finishing up my 7th gallon of fuel for the year. The brew I'm using now comes from methanol I got from the blasting community. Pretty good stuff. I brought out the Padre because starting the full fuse. planes with the inverted engines can be a pain. I put a different fuel tank on the Padre and it didn't work well at all. Old one is back on. The Padre is my oldest plane that started out with an Ugly Stik wing. I removed it and built a wing using Cardinal airfoil with flaps then later on made a larger stab. and the plane is the best flyer in the fleet. I've only lost one plane so far this season so there isn't any need to build anything. The r/c field is up in the air with the test hole and pipe just off the runway and in my circle. I have plans to dig up the pipe and smooth the gravel hills.
I vacuumed the a/c in the hot rod and put two cans of r-134a in. So far so good. The El Camino gas pedal has been giving me fits. It didn't open all the way so I drilled another hole for the cable but that didn't feel right. I drilled another hole between the two and used a spacer in the cable at the pedal to get the full throw. I may have to put a hole closer to the pivot.
I played horseshoes against the gov't inspector that worked at Kaman and BST in the league last night. I've been watching him this season and he has been pitching well. His partner is not as good as mine. So far this season we have played the same teams up to this point which is not usual. So being one game down to his team promised a good match. My team won the first game handily, lost a fairly close second game and beat them soundly in the third game. That means we are tied for first place but my team having beat his team two games puts my team ahead of his. There is a third team that may be tied with us if they won all three games last night. I have to play that team next and his partner is much weaker than mine so we should do all right.

No comments: