Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summertime and holding.

Our new seats at NHIS are really good. I timed the shadow from the overhang and at 1330 we are in the shade. The temp was in the 90's for the race but the shade made it bearable.
We stopped at the flying field to check on the mowing and the hay has been removed. Making a circle there is going to be a challenge as a small pile of gravel is messing up the first spot.
When we got home I got busy and mowed the lawn then loaded up the mowers and a plane and went to Oneco and got that mowed. I flew the Twister with a modified Fox .40 and it ran very well. For some reason the Fox doesn't like being on muffler pressure. It runs best with a uniflow set up. Turning a 12.25 diameter prop is nothing for the engine. I've tried both OS remote NVA and standard NVA and the standard works best. Too many restrictions in the remote set up I think. I flew at the new school last week and shortened two good props. The first was at the bottom of the vertical eight, did a touch and go, the second was on take off when the handle got snagged on the stop watch cord. I hope they mow the clover soon.
I'll check out the r/c field to see where the best spot for a circle is. I may have to move the fence when I fly.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Sounds like fun. Grass is so bad down here I've got to mow every three days or so.