Monday, July 4, 2011

It is summer, again.

The fixes I've figured out for the Fox engines are working quite well. Finding the air leaks and sealing them plus using the OS needle valve assemblies and installing a .250 insert into the .290 Fox venturi brings the package into vogue. I'm using an APC 12 x 4 prop and the engine has no trouble turning it. I tested one of the engines on the bench with a Top Flite 11 x 4 power point wood prop and set it for 10,000 rpm. I installed the 12 x 4 and the engine reved up lots higher with the APC without changing anything from prop to prop. I richened it up a bunch to get the rpm back to 10,000.
We checked on the r/c field this morning and the grass still hasn't been cut. Some of the fields near by have been cut so maybe the farmer is going to cut this one soon.
We went to Roy's this afternoon and the first selectman's secretary told me of a conflict with a local because of my flying in the morning. He is a d. j. and sleeps late, or used to. I'll have to go in the late afternoon or use the school field.

No comments: