Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting close.

I waited until the temp. got as high as it was going to get before going to the field. 29 degrees and a tad of wind. I figured there would be some other club members there but I was alone. I brought the Banshee for another test session as I had bent the landing gear forward and sealed the hinge gaps and twisted the inboard wing panel this time. I also brought a piece of carpet for the middle as the ground is damp and the dirt sticks into the tread of my shoes and then falls out on the carpet at home. It worked as my shoes were clean when I got home. The plane flew much better and I was able to do a vertical eight. I rolled things up and as I started out I figured I could roll the circle by driving on it. I did that years ago to the field behind Peerless windows now Bolmet. So I drove around several laps to flatten the landing area, about 10 feet of the outside of the circle. I'll do it next time out too. I twisted the outboard panel of the Banshee when I got home to be sure.

No comments: