Monday, December 19, 2011

Winter project No. 4.

I have an ARF Nobler and it doesn't fly very good. The controls are too stiff. This morning I started tearing into ti to find the reason for the stiffness. I disconnected the push rods and the control surfaces didn't free fall. The bellcrank is nice and free although I had to trim a few ribs to make sure the leadouts didn't touch anything. I have plans from Model Airplane News from the early 50's of the original Nobler that is old time stunt legal so I started in making the plane like the plans. The turtle deck has to be cut down a half inch the rudder, the stab and wing tips have to be changed, I have to fill in the nose and build a cowling like the original and make flaps to match the plans. Not to mention changing the hinges. I got a dose of K2r soaking the oil off the nose too. That may take a week to get all the oil out.
The wind is messing things up but the temp is a lot better.

No comments: