Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Moving right along.

I didn't need the flap tool I built. A few gentle tweaks and it's good to go. I wasn't quite happy with the round plastic fuel tank so I removed the metal one from the plane the engine came from and installed it. The engine runs a lot better with the metal tank. That combo ran well in the other plane too.
I assembled the Banshee this morning and it's ready for a test flight.weight came out at 46.4 ounces with the stock muffler and no weight in the tail. The c/g is about a half inch forward of the plans. If it don't turn I can change things on the front to move the c/g back. We will be going to the field in a little while. I took the Eagle last time out and was going to get in a flight with no one looking. I forgot to bring rubber bands for the wing so I just taxied around for a bit checking the engine. I'm bringing it again today.
I emailed the local sign maker and got a reply then set up a time for a visit. I got three vinyl letter signs for the planes and three AMA numbers too. real good price $20.00 for everything. The sign maker is a crew chief on a Waterford modified car and knew Ma from Plainfield high. Ma had his wife as a student in Killingly. Might have helped with the price. He had made the new signs the club put up at the new field as the new club president and him are racing buddies.

No comments: