Friday, December 9, 2011

Moving right along.

I went to Oneco this afternoon but it was too windy to test fly so I went back home.
The Banshee is coming along and is nearing paint. I got it assembled today, covered yesterday. After getting the pushrods sorted out and made I put it on the scale. 43.4 ounces minus paint. It should hit 45 ounces after paint before putting weight for balance. It may need 2 ounces in the tail plus an ounce in the right wing tip. I found the bellcrank to flap push rod broken. I was screwing it into the ball link and it buckled. Carbon tube got abused somehow. I made a new rod and got it installed.
I ran the generator yesterday. All is well there.
The furnace toasted the ignitor box on Sunday. The repairman took maybe 10 minutes to change it. $133.00/hour for week ends and $70.00 for the box.
Along with the generator I ran the hot rod for about a half hour, then drove the El Camino around to the coffee shop.
At the club meeting I got the OK to fly when the dump is open to the public. No r/c though.

No comments: