Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Moving along.

As I was cutting parts for the new rudder for the Nobler I noticed the plans show the airfoil to be on the wrong side of the unit. Anyway I made it right I think.The stab/elev caused a problem as the hinge slots are chewed up pretty bad. I cut a bit off the hinge sides and made new pieces with accurate hinge pockets. I had to add a piece of wood to the leading edge and make a different shape and larger pair of tips. The flaps will be another problem as half of the hinge is still in the wing. Removing them will cause a bigger problem so I have to make new flaps with hinges that match and control horn pockets that match the horn. Then again I can trim some off the original flaps and add a new piece with accurate hinge pockets. The kit flaps are smaller than the plans flaps so this should work out. I loosened the hinges on the elevator by scraping and running a drill through the hinge pin holes.

No comments: