Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Good weather.

I cut a half inch out of the bottom of the Nobler turtle deck and glued it back on. The elevator was loose so I took it off and had a time getting the hinges cut out. The kit hinges are the problem as they are too tight and don't move free. I'll have to build a new fin and rudder as the original isn't the right shape. I didn't like the wire landing gear on the Banshee so I cut some aluminum and made a set. They screw onto the wood blocks. I had a time getting the angle to bend the blanks so they would stick forward. I ended up with a 20 degree angle bend and it worked very well.
The wind wasn't too strong around 0800 so I packed up and went to the field. The Banshee flew well and I got in the first full pattern. I think I will install one of the .46's for more grunt. I flew one of the new .46's with the remote needle valve it went good, just breaking it in. This afternoon the winds were less than this morning so I went to Oneco with the Banshee and the Twister with the other new .46. I got in 2 flights each without a mishap.

No comments: