Monday, July 7, 2014

Fuel tank test.

With the changes to the S/T engine it still had the same quirk. A good steady 4 cycle run until after the square eights. Then it slowed down to a good steady 5.6 sec. laps from 5.3.  Now that generally means some kind of tank anomaly and I have a six ounce round plastic tank just like the one on my P-63 which feeds the Evo .60 and gives great engine runs. Both using uni-flow.
 When I built the Polynesian I used an r/c motor mount and originally planned to use the Evo .60 until I got the S/T. I had drilled the mount for the Evo first and the s/t rear mounting holes are the same as the Evo rear holes but the s/t front holes are further forward and I simply drilled new ones ahead of the Evo holes. The exhaust ports are in the same location and I had made the needle hole for the Evo, which is  to the rear of the s/t, but covered it over. I opened that back up and installed the Evo and installed the s/t in the P-63 where the Evo came from. Now if the Evo does the same thing the s/t did I will be assured that there is some kind of tank problem.
  I added an extension to the Evo venturi and made a velocity stack out of some brass tube. I test ran it this morning and it's ready to go when the wind dies down.

  I brought the Dodge to the dealer to check on the fast idling. The engine won't slow down when  the clutch is disengaged. They found a bad MAP sensor and a bad sensor in the power steering pump. They don't have the MAP sensor so I have to go back on Thursday for that.

No comments: