Sunday, July 6, 2014

Not much of a hurricane.

I got a flight in with the new trim and things were a better but still a bit down on power. I removed the venturi and found it to be smaller than the ones in the OS .46. Then I noticed that the spray bar hole was not centered in the venturi. I drilled a new hole and it wasn't right either so I drilled another and broke the drill in the hole. I couldn't get the piece out so I threw it away. I got another from the parts dept. and got that installed. After some measurements I found the venturi was lacking in area and probably is the cause of the lack of power. I couldn't find a replacement so I did some figuring and came up with  enlarging the venturi to .300 from.274. After doing that I remembered the Evo .60, which has a true venturi and measured the area of that venturi. Then measured the area in the S/T venturi, subtracting the area of the spraybar, and came up with almost exactly the same thing. Real close to 15 sq. mm. The winds kept me from testing yesterday but an early flight today may be possible.

No comments: