Thursday, July 10, 2014

I was shocked.

With the hay cut we can finally see the field. A couple new club members and a found plane that flew away. All good news.
 As I was reading the latest issue of Control Line World I took my time going over each page in order for some reason. Generally I just read what interests me and finish a magazine in an hour at most. Not this time though. In the early morning down in the basement shop I came to the end of the mag. and saw a plane on the inside back page, in full color, that looked like the Legacy I built with the same graphics. I thought I had been scooped again and reduced to the role of a copycat until I looked at the person holding the plane. There was yours truly standing with yours trulys plane. Not quite the cover of the Rolling Stone but pretty good just the same. I had sent a few pictures in to the editors a while back with no expectation of them being used. I had gave them permission to do whatever they want with anything I submit as we had several go arounds with other stuff they needed changed but didn't want to offend me by going ahead and changing it themselves. They know more about good english than I do so I told them go ahead and change anything you want. I don't think it hurt to have the designers name ,Allen Brickhaus, on the wing.

No comments: