Sunday, July 27, 2014

Finally got it.

 I changed the round plastic tank for a metal tank in the Privateer. The round tank wouldn't stay still and rotated throwing everything out of tune. I test ran it at home and the engine ran very steady. I got the chance to fly it yesterday and the engine ran very well in flight too. This was during the open house the club had and the winds were all over the place. I put the Privateer away and took out the big Ringmaster for a couple flights. On  the entrance to the wingover  the wind took the plane and I had to backpeddle to catch it. That became more like a backhobble quickly and ended up with me sliding on one knee and regaining control of the plane. I rolled up the lines after that flight.
  While I was talking to the owner of an El Camino, who stopped in, a former club member came in. R. Frechette. We talked for a while but I don't think he will rejoin.

No comments: