Thursday, July 24, 2014

Still more findings and a screw up.

The winds calmed down by noon so I went to the field with the Guru and the Privateer.  The Guru engine problems seemed to be solved but the wings are flapping in corners now. I had one ounce of tip weight so I removed half of it when I got home. The Privateer was next. I got the engine started and turned the plane upright and set it down. A bit of needle tweaking and the engine quit. I tried to start it but no luck. I drained the fuel through the uni-flow tube and all the fuel came out. That tells me I hooked the lines up wrong. The tank is a slide in and the lines are out of reach with the engine in place. When I got home I removed the engine and found the lines reversed and the tank in wrong to boot. That's all fixed now. I have to mow tomorrow so I'll give it a try then.

  I had trouble with my C. Crane wi fi radio so I sent it back for repair. I had bought a new one and used the packaging to send the old one back. I had bought the old one a while ago.  The old one came back today and they replaced it with a new one.  Still cost a repair charge but a third cheaper than the one I bought.

No comments: