Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Shorter seems better.

I took the Legacy out yesterday and it only has 60 foot lines. I consider those short. The plane flew very well which caused me to rethink the length of the lines on other planes. I took the lines from the best plane and shortened them a foot. then I shortened the leadouts 5 more inches. I flew it this morning and I noticed an improvement in how the plane flys. I also flew the Shark/Fox .35 with a Zinger wood prop and is still don't have any zip when released for takeoff. I put another design prop on for the next time out. I also put a 10 x 6 wood on the Gezer/ OS .40. It ran very steady on the test yesterday. I changed lines on the Shark to 58 feet. With the new flying site (South park) 5 miles away and open at 0700 I can get in flights before the heat set in..

No comments: