Tuesday, April 12, 2016

First flight.

I had the chance to fly the electric plane and we went to the park. I felt the controls rubbing against something in the wing and went anyway. Once in the air the plane was barely under control. The timer shut the motor off after a minute or so and we went home. I cut into the covering and found the leadout wire rubbing on the wing shear web. I ripped that out and cut away some of the ribs. Now the controls are a lot smoother and worth another test flight.
  I bought some Krylon paint and hosed the Fazer down. After it dried a while I installed an engine and tank and got it ready for a test flight too. The balance point for the r/c version is quite a ways back so I don't know what will happen.
  I plan on seeing the neighborhood barber as he has some electric planes and might want to sell some of the motors and stuff.

No comments: