Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Phoenix flys again.

Several weeks ago I was given a plane that was crashed by the owner. The nose was snapped off at the rear engine mounting holes in the wood mounts. I installed a firewall and r/c motor mount then filled in where the cowl had been. The balance seemed good and the control throws gave me cause for concern. I put enough fuel in the metal tank to run for 3 minutes and pulled the release. My initial set up was pretty close so I put another 3 ounces in the tank for a second flight. After some maneuvers I ran the tank out and landed. Next time out with it I'll try a full tank and try the pattern.
 I also brought the Shark that I put the Fox .35 in. I did a short test flight and then a 3.5 ounce flight. I got the pattern in and 1.5 laps extra before the engine quit. I don't have the right propeller and that will effect the flying ability a lot. The local hobby shop opens in 90 minutes.

No comments: