Saturday, April 9, 2016

Power to the shed.

We have been building a partition between the work area and the car area lately. I've also been getting ready to bring power to the shed. I installed some outlet boxes and the sub panel, got out all the wire I brought from Ct. I had to buy wire to connect the house panel to the sub panel along with plastic conduit and fittings. I dug a trench to bury the conduit and cut it to fit yesterday. After a lot of drilling I got a hole through the brick below the house panel. Then a lot more work getting the wire through the conduit and 90 degree fittings and into the panel. I had to get a hole saw to bore through the shed wall and drill a small hole for the ground wire. Home Depot only sells ground rod in 8 foot lengths. I cut off 5 feet and pounded 4 .5 feet into the ground without hitting a stone. I also found the house ground corroded off the it's rod and shined those up and installed a new clamp. Today a friendly electrician is coming to do the technical stuff. Which management won't allow me to do.
  I finally got a motor mount that fits and got the firewall installed on the rescue plane. I also got an electric  ARF and that is Almost Ready to Fly. Not to mention the Fazer which needs paint.

No comments: