Sunday, November 12, 2017

As much as I could stand.

The filling and sanding part of building a model plane is the part I like the least. I give it a good try and at some point I get tired of it and move on to putting the plane together. I reached that point today with the salvaged wing and tail. I put the parts on the scale and now it's 57 ounces without paint. I'm hoping for low 60's when it's finished. The wing tip weight is secured in place and I don't know how much it is but it flew well before I tore the fuselage off of good pieces. I did make provisions for a nose wheel just in case. I cut the sides off one of the incidence meters so it will fit between the fuselage and the flaps. There is a gap because that's where the old fuselage was. I checked it today and it does fit so I can align things before final gluing.

No comments: