Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The waiting game.

While waiting for the wood to arrive I've been making parts for the plane. i made the engine crutch and got the brass inserts installed and the engine bolted it. I squared the rails and tack glued them so I can use them to mark the wood when it gets here. More accurate that way. I had to make room for the wing flaps to pass through the fuselage as they can't be removed. I got that figured out.
 I've been tuning up the planes for El Dorado at the park. The Hound Dog needed a tank adjustment and that went well. The vent plug fell off in flight again and it ran out of fuel just as it leveled off. I had another plug made from smaller tubing so it fits tighter. Another flight went well. I brought the Legacy 40 but I had removed the muffler for another plane so I didn't fly it. I did install another muffler when I got home. I had to wait for a repairman and by the time he left it was raining so any more flying today is iffy.

No comments: