Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Nomad X.

Not Roman numeral for 10.  When I designed the fuselage I had the ASP .52 in mind as well as the Evo .52. The Evo has found a home in the P-39. As I was fitting the ASP into the engine crutch I also fitted the O.S. .46LA engine. Just in case. Well, just in case happened this morning. I am in the process of watching paint dry again and the wind is blowing so why not.
   The hardest part was making new holes for the needle valve and for getting to the muffler bolts. I lined the holes with brass tube pieces so the wood sides around the holes won't get worn and ragged. I was able to remove an ounce and a half from the tail as the O.S. is 3.5 ounces lighter than the ASP. Final weight is reduced to 54 ounces. Light enough for the O.S.
  By the time the wind dies down I'll have three planes to test fly.

No comments: