Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Moving again.

I had planned on using the Evo .60 on my P-39 but switched to the OS .46 for most of it's life. I installed the Evo .52 when I bought that and it's been working well on the plane. The trouble is The engine is too long for the space available and the prop was 1/2 inch forward of the nose. It worked well but looked a bit out of place. I figured I could move it back by cutting the mounting area longer. It sounded simple at first. The nose gear wire would be in the way of the lower engine mount bar. After some searching and thinking I dug a trench for the wire and got it out of the way. Now the mount covers the top of the wire and a clamp will hold the lower part in the trench. I painted the bare wood with Zinser bulls eye primer and it's drying. A test flight for tomorrow in the works.


No comments: