Monday, October 26, 2009

Nice weather.


After a trip to the VA in Providence I worked on the new plane. The nose is complete except for the cheek tripler. The wing fits nicely into the fuse cutout and the stab and elev. are hinged. I just bent a wire joiner for the flaps and slotted them for the hinges. I will glue the joiner in after getting the flaps level and in line. About 6 inches will be cut off the end of each flap and the right side piece will be adjustable as a trim tab. Maybe both. i have the landing gear holes and engine holes drilled and 1/8" plates made to go under the engine lugs to spread the load.
We went to the dog track this afternoon to get away from the sun but the wind changed a bit and still blew right into it. I got in 3 flights and found that 4 ounces will cause the engine to sputter in the clover leaf. I put in 4- 1/4 ounces and got through the whole pattern without a problem. 6 min. and 55 sec. engine run. That gives me one minute to start and get off the ground. So far the Fox is behaving nicely. Sounds raggedy but plenty of power and a steady run.

No comments: