Sunday, October 25, 2009

Found a bigger tank.

I remembered a tank I had made last summer and never used. I dug it out and put it on the primary force with a Fox .40. We went to the dog track and I put in 4.25 ounces of fuel. I timed the run from start to stop and got 6 min. 55 sec. I changed props to an 11 x 4 and put in the same amount of fuel. I leaned it a bit to get the rpm up to 10,000. It ran 20 secs. longer witha lap time of 5.3 secs. I had never timed anything inverted but I did with this tank and got the same lap time which is a good thing. A nice steady rpm until a few seconds before the fuel runs out but nothing to worry about. The tank will hold around 5 ounces. I have another homemade tank that has worked plus a chicken hopper tank Gil gave me. It works very well. Looks like I'll have to save the plastic tanks for the OS engines. The wind is coming out of the NW and right into the sun so I did a lot of level laps.
On our way home from Lizzy B's a car had spun out coming down the hill into Sterling and nosed into the retaining wall. All kinds of fire trucks in attendance.

No comments: